BOB stands for “Beginning of Book” (First 500 words) and is open to all conference attendees.
BOB CONTEST Categories:
YOUNG ADULT CONTEMPORARY
YOUNG ADULT SPECULATIVE (FANTASY / SCI-FI / DYSTOPIA )
ADULT SPECULATIVE (FANTASY / SCI-FI / DYSTOPIA )
MYSTERY / SUSPENSE / WOMEN'S FICTION
NONFICTION / MEMOIR / HISTORICAL / GENERAL FICTION
ENTRY FEE: $10 per submission.
WHO MAY ENTER:
- All writers registered for the ANWA 2017 Writers Conference, published and unpublished, may enter.
- All entries must be original and not previously accepted for publication or production at the time of submission.
- The conference committee members responsible for BOB are ineligible to submit an entry and are required to maintain anonymity of the judges and the competitors.
- Prizes will be awarded at the 2017 ANWA Conference on Friday.
- All entries will receive critiques from three separate judges.
- NEW THIS YEAR: The critiques will be emailed directly to the contestants within two weeks of the conclusion of the ANWA Writers Conference.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You must register for conference before you enter the BOB Contest.
- All entries due by Midnight on July 8, 2017 (Mountain Standard Time.)
- Email entries to email@example.com .
- You will receive an automatic reply once your entry has been submitted.
- Submit the first 500 words ONLY.
- Submit your BOB entry as an e-mail attachment, .doc or .docx format.
- Style Guide: Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial, 12pt, and double spaced.
- Entries not submitted correctly before the deadline will lose points or may be disqualified.
- The subject of your email should include: Your name, TITLE of your work in all caps, and Contest Category (Genre.)
- Your document should be submitted and saved with the TITLE, in all caps, and Genre.
- Please remove any mention of your name from the actual manuscript portion of the attachment.
- Multiple submissions in multiple categories are accepted.
Note: Individual submissions may only be entered once per contest. The same submission cannot be entered into multiple genre categories in a single contest year.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry it believes contains obscene, offensive, or inappropriate content.
- Contest sponsor reserves the right to combine categories due to insufficient numbers of entries.
- This is a double blind contest, where the authors don't know the judges names and the judges don't know the authors names.
- The names of the judges will not be disclosed.