Annual BOB Contest
The BOB Contest Categories are
YOUNG ADULT CONTEMPORARY
YOUNG ADULT SPECULATIVE(FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIA)
ADULT SPECULATIVE (FANTASY / SCI-FI / DYSTOPIA )
ENTRY FEE: $10 per submission.
WHO MAY ENTER:
- All writers registered for the ANWA 2017 Writers Conference, published and unpublished, may enter.
- All entries must be original and not previously accepted for publication or production at the time of submission.
- The conference committee members responsible for BOB are ineligible to submit an entry and are required to maintain anonymity of the judges and the competitors.
- Prizes will be awarded at the 2017 ANWA Conference on Friday.
- All entries will receive critiques from three separate judges.
- NEW THIS YEAR: The critiques will be emailed directly to the contestants within two weeks of the conclusion of the ANWA Writers Conference.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You must register for conference before you enter the BOB Contest.
- All entries due by Midnight on Saturday, July 8, 2017 (Mountain Standard Time.)
- You will receive an automatic reply once your entry has been submitted.
- Submit the first 500 words ONLY.
- Submit your BOB entry as an e-mail attachment, .doc or .docx format.
- Style Guide: Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial, 12pt, and double spaced.
- Entries not submitted correctly before the deadline will lose points or may be disqualified.
- The subject of the email should include: Your name, TITLE of your work in all caps, and Genre.
- Your document should be submitted and saved with the TITLE, in all caps, and Genre.
- Please remove any mention of your name from the actual manuscript portion of the attachment.
- Multiple submissions in multiple categories are accepted.
- Note: Individual submissions may only be entered once per contest. The same submission cannot be entered into multiple genre categories in a single contest year.
- You may sign up to enter the BOB Contest when you register for the Conference.
- If you have already registered for the ANWA Writers Conference and have decided to now register for the BOB Contest, follow these steps:
- Edit your registration by clicking on the "To edit an existing registration, click here" link above.
- Click next on the small pencil icon and your registration will appear.
- Follow the "How to Enter" rules above and submit and pay for your BOB entry.
- Hits: 4753